Daily while looking through Pinterest, I have many "why didn't I think of that" moments - and yesterday I had one of those moments when I saw the amazing packaging of The Salad Jar.
I just love this idea and think that it would make for the perfect romantic picnic in the park. This is something that would be an easy DIY - all you need is a mason jar, all of your salad fixings, a container for your dressing, and a black sharpie (and of course a bottle of wine and something sweet):
Asos is my online shopping happy place. The prices are fantastic, they are always on trend yet have lots of timeless pieces, and most importantly their sizes go from 00-24. Asos is the UK's largest online retailer and they always offer free shipping and returns, and depending on how much you spend they offer free 2-day shipping. I hardly ever buy anything full-price because there is always some sort of coupon (I check Retailmenot.com often) - for example just a few days ago I purchased these four items at 20% off and free shipping. Needless to say - if you haven't checked out Asos yet -check it!
If you're anything like me, you have collected a bunch of makeup throughout the years that you never use. I have a jar full of brushes and to be honest, I'm not sure why I bought them and I've forgotten what they are supposed to be used for. So over the weekend I found this amazing brush guide and thought I would share it with you too. I hope you find this as helpful as I found it to be. Enjoy!
I wish I could turn back time and go back to last weekend - I had such a great girls trip and it went way too fast. Isn't it amazing how we plan vacations and they seem to take so long to finally get here, but once they do, they fly by and you're off planning the next thing? I'm really trying to live in the moment, and enjoy the now - but I need a long break and vacation! Anyway - back to this weekend. I plan to keep it low-key and only have a few things on the agenda:
1. What is a weekend in NYC without shopping? However, this time - I'm not buying ONE thing. For some reason yesterday I went on this big online shopping binge and I am now officially cut off...for a while at least. This weekend I will be helping my sister spend her money - I'm really good at spending other peoples money too!
2. I plan to take Addy for a long and tiring walk along the Hudson River. Usually when we do this, she comes home drinks a ton of water and is passed out for the rest of the day. My perfect plan works every time!
3. Errands. Blah. But somebody's gotta do it!
4. Sunday brunch in the springtime - one of my favorite things! I'm meeting up with a good friend as we have lots to catch up on. Girly chit chat and unlimited mimosas - I'm in!
1. Speaking of my online shopping madness yesterday - I saw these jeans, immediately fell in love, so I bought them. They aren't my typical style, but for some reason I had to have them. I also bought some of these - trying to do some different things with my hair.
Doesn't this look like the perfect spring outdoor party? I was flipping through an old issue of Real Simple and came across an article about 16 Tips for an Effortless Outdoor Party and got to thinking how fun it would be to host an outdoor party before it gets too hot and the bugs start to creep out. Obviously I don't have a backyard to throw a party in, but I do have access to all sorts of parks and waterfront areas....this is something that I really want to do. Let the pre-planning begin...stay tuned!