On my last work trip I realized that needed something to get my suitcase organized. So over the weekend I decided to create these cute little embroidered travel bags to help organize some of the smaller things I pack (I chose under garments and shoes). I also thought that the bags could be used for stashing laundry while traveling, as I really hate when dirty clothes get mixed with clean and then I have to remember what's what once I'm home. The overall project from start to finish took about 30 minutes, and only cost about $3.00 total. A super easy project that even the most uncreative person could make - promise!
- Cloth Drawstring Bags (you can find these at any craft store, or here)
- Embroidery Thread
1. Decide what you would like to embroider on your bag and either draw or trace the object onto a piece of paper.
2. Place the piece of paper inside of the bag (at the exact place you would like to embroider it) and with your pencil trace lightly onto the bag.
3. Thread your needle with the color of your choosing and start to embroider along your pencil-traced line (don’t forget to tie a knot at the end of your string).
4. Once your bags are completed, stuff and pack them in your luggage for traveling.