Lately I have been enjoying experimenting in the kitchen. While I can definitely cook - its not something that I've enjoyed doing until recently Both my sister and I have really been watching what we're eating and have for the most part eliminated the gluten in our diet (stay tuned for a full post about gluten). In a search for something to have for dinner the other night, I found this recipe on Pinterest which is almost gluten free (minus the enchilada sauce) and it was just too good not to share:
1. Sautee onion in a separate pan, and set aside
2. Cook 1 cup of quinoa (based on package instructions), and set aside
3. In an oven-safe casserole bowl, mix the onions, quinoa, and 12 oz of Enchilada sauce together
4. Top with cheddar cheese and place in oven (350 degrees) for 10 minutes
5. After the 10 minutes, turn the oven to broil so that cheese will get all brown and bubbly, then remove from the oven
6. Top with cilantro, avocado, and green onion (I also added a dollop of sour cream)
7. While you can absolutely eat the quinoa separately, you can also scoop the cheesy quinoa onto tortilla chips and eat it like nachos. Yum!
I promise you - this recipe doesn't disappoint - and it takes no time to make. Enjoy!