Tuesday, February 4, 2014

{Bite: Prosciutto Arugula Salad}

Last week I was in Chicago doing a little freelance work and I was treated to an oh so delicious dinner. Because I was on the verge of becoming hangry (for those that don't know what hangry is or looks like, click here), I decided to order a salad right away. Let me tell you - this salad was so good that I wanted to cancel my dinner order and get another salad instead. And it wasn't just because I was hangry. So good - that over the last several days, it's all I can think about.

Below are the ingredients that were in the salad, and this week I'll definitely be recreating this  (coming to an Instagram near you):
Screen Shot 2014-02-03 at 9.01.51 PM
Instructions (based on what I believe was done):
Dressing
1. In a small bowl, squeeze the juice of 1 large lemon.
2. Add salt & pepper to taste
3. Whisk in 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil 
4. Set aside

Caramelized Onions
If you do not know how to caramelize onions, click here

Building the Salad
1. On your plate, lay down 4 (or more if you'd like) slices of prosciutto
2. Next, layer a good handful of arugula
3. Drizzle the dressing over the arugula
4. Shave a good portion of parmesean cheese over the arugula (I'm the person at the restaurant that never tells the waiter to stop when asked if I want a sprinkle of cheese)
5. Add the caramelized onions on top 
6. Enjoy

I'm telling you, this salad is so fresh and so delicious.....when it comes to food - I will never steer you wrong. Trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.