Last week I was in Chicago doing a little freelance work and I was treated to an oh so delicious dinner. Because I was on the verge of becoming hangry (for those that don't know what hangry is or looks like, click here), I decided to order a salad right away. Let me tell you - this salad was so good that I wanted to cancel my dinner order and get another salad instead. And it wasn't just because I was hangry. So good - that over the last several days, it's all I can think about.
Below are the ingredients that were in the salad, and this week I'll definitely be recreating this (coming to an Instagram near you):
Instructions (based on what I believe was done):
1. In a small bowl, squeeze the juice of 1 large lemon.
2. Add salt & pepper to taste
3. Whisk in 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
4. Set aside
If you do not know how to caramelize onions, click here
Building the Salad
1. On your plate, lay down 4 (or more if you'd like) slices of prosciutto
2. Next, layer a good handful of arugula
3. Drizzle the dressing over the arugula
4. Shave a good portion of parmesean cheese over the arugula (I'm the person at the restaurant that never tells the waiter to stop when asked if I want a sprinkle of cheese)
5. Add the caramelized onions on top
I'm telling you, this salad is so fresh and so delicious.....when it comes to food - I will never steer you wrong. Trust me!