Friday, April 9, 2010

{Weekend Plans & More}

TGIF Peeps! I have a lot for you today, so be sure to keep scrolling down. Another 60-hour work week makes me really excited for the weekend. Today instead of my usual sketches, I decided to do a vision board of how I hope my weekend will turn out. Based on The Secret, if you place the exact image of what you want to attract, it will become part of your reality. Sooo...I'm going to give it a try since I've been putting these items off for 2 weeks now. I'll let you know how it works {however, I should have included an amazing pair of shoes, a new handbag, and a few spring dresses to see if that works - lol!!!}.
weekend plans 4.8.10
So what are your weekend plans? Whatever you do, make sure to do at least one special thing just for you!

logo

So you know how much I love great packaging. As I've said many times before - if the package is so pretty that you don't want to open it, then you've done your job. This exact experience happened today when I received some goodies in the mail.

I received my Easter present to myself - my Jess LC chevron necklace and I love her new packaging. Take a look - so lovely!

Jess LC package

I also received my vintage milk glass vase from Vintage Modern Mix and I am so in love with her packaging. If you open a box and it looks like this - how could you not feel like a kid in a candy store? Bravo Alyssa, Bravo!! I love my vase and can't wait to fill it with fresh flowers.
Modern Vintage Pictures
Modern Vintage 5

And finally (I told you I had a lot to share today), last Sunday it was 80 degrees and I was in the mood for some of my famous strawberry lemonade. So I thought since it's supposed to be another great weekend (at least here in NC) I would share the recipe with you for you to try. If you do try it - let me know what think!

Strawberry Lemondade Pictures
1. You will need:
     ~ 4-6 lemons
     ~ 1 pint of strawberries
     ~ 1-half cup of simple syrup (I purchased mine from Trader Joe's, but you can make it yourself - click here)
     ~ 1-half cup of sugar

2. Cut the strawberries in half or quarters, and sprinkle 1-half cup of sugar on top. Set aside for an hour or so until the berries start to produce their own juice.

3. The strawberries will look like the picture above once all the sugar has dissolved and the juice produced. Smash them just a little, or you can even put them in the blender for a quick swirl. {If you would prefer your strawberries to be more chunky - skip the smashing!}

4. Use a juicer to extract the juice from 4 to 6 lemons, enough for one cup of juice. Add the juice, the simple syrup, the strawberries and juice into your pitcher. Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water {more or less} and refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. For an extra splash - add a couple leaves of mint, yum! {Did I say mint? I meant to say vodka! lol!!}

5. Enjoy!

Have a lovely weekend all!
Final Signature

1 comment:

  1. It definitley won't be warm here, we're expecting snow! Nonetheless, your vintage milk vase looks so awesome,and they did very well with the packaging!

    Enjoy your weekend Jessica! (I'll be writing a 25 pg research paper!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.