Monday, April 12, 2010

{Blog of the Week: Oh Happy Day!}

Oh Happy Day is a design and lifestyle blog written by Jordan Ferney, an event planner and letterpress printer based out of San Francisco. Started in 2006 as a way to keep all her inspiration in one spot Oh Happy Day is now updated daily with inspiring and useful lifestyle ideas and products. Some topics included are: parties and weddings, home decor, fashion and personal style, crafting, creative projects, and other cool stuff.
Oh Happy Day post photo
I love to entertain, but unfortunately don't do it half as often as I should - or want to. I'm definitey feeling inspired by Oh Happy Day and before it gets too hot and the critters start to creep back out, I am going plan an indoor/outdoor spring party {hopefully some of my out-of-town peeps can make it}! Jordan provides all kinds of party ideas, and after looking at page after page of her blog, I've selected a few of my faves -check em out:
Lemonhead Invitation
{Now these take me back to my childhood when me and my friends would ride our bikes up to the corner store to buy Lemonheads and candy necklaces. I love these Lemonhead Invitations by Jordan herself}

Cupcakes
{Who doesn't love cupcakes? And who wouldn't love them even more in these Cupcake Kits by Meri Meri?}

Sewn Letter
{I.LOVE.THIS!!! Don't think for a second that I'm not going to do this for some lucky someone. Hand sewn fabric letter by Kathleen at Twig & Thistle}

Napkin Invitations
{As you know I love to sketch! I think this is such a genius, personal, cost-friendly, fantastic invite. Yep - I'll be doing this too! Hand drawn napkin invitations by Bryn at Paperfinger}

I could continue to post idea after idea - but I will allow you to visit Oh Happy Day for yourself to check out all Jordan's amazingness. I know you're going to love her blog and stay tuned -you may just receive one of these lovely ideas mentioned above by yours truly...ME! I'm itching to have a party...

Have a great day!!!
Final Signature

1 comment:

  1. I love the hand drawn napkin invitation! So unique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.