Friday, January 23, 2015

Weekend Plans + Friday Finds

As an entrepreneur/freelancer/shop girl the days all mesh together as one long work day. It's amazing, fun, a little stressful (ok - a lot), but everyday I wake up excited to check off the boxes on my ever growing to-do list.  I still look forward to the weekends, but the difference now is that I don't live for the weekends. I no longer want to rush the week away just so I can get to Saturday and Sunday. It's amazing in such a short(ish) period of time how I'm changing. It's kind of incredible.

Next week I have so many exciting things to share with you. New products (not jewelry) will be available in the shop and a pretty big giveaway will be announced (ATTENTION favorite readers: the giveaway will only be announced on the blog and Instagram (no Facebook or Twitter), limited quantities will be available, and first-come-first-served only). Needless to say - check back often next week as you don't want to be left out! And... needless to say - I'll be working all weekend:
Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 10.17.42 AM
Weekend Plans 1.23

Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 10.18.00 AM
1. I reluctantly purchased the magazine Where Women Create Business because it was $15, but my sister convinced me that I needed to buy it and... it has been worth every cent. Every single page is an inspiration. I haven't highlighted and tagged this much since I was in college. If you have your own business, or are thinking of starting one - this magazine is well worth the investment.

2. This past week I've opted for lemon water vs. coffee in the morning. Here are the benefits

3. Nanaimo Bars aka Ice Cream bars - yes please!!!

4. How to make your own Restoration Hardward pipe shelving - definitely going on my DIY must-make list!

5. 30-day Minimalism Challenge - could you do it? Do you want to do it with me?

6. I was very skeptical about watching a cooking show with Haylie Duff - you know, Hillary Duff's (aka Lizzie McGuire) older sister, but I'm telling you - it may just be my favorite cooking show (other than G. Garvin, my man crush) on TV. Have I ever mentioned my obsession with cooking shows? Anyway, you should definitely check it out. It's called The Real Girl's Kitchen and you can catch it on the Cooking Channel. Once you watch it, let me know what you think!

7. I watched this video on Love & Entrepreneurship and then immediately purchased this book afterwards. It arrived yesterday afternoon (thank you Amazon Prime), I finished it last night (it's only 57 pages), and will read it again, and again, and again. You should too! 

Enjoy your weekend loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.