Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Little New York Courage

I'm going through a little bit of New York withdrawal this morning. I had a blast with my sisters these past 5 days and leaving them and New York is never easy. While in New York I am bolder, less sensitive, and more free and like myself. New York makes me feel like I can do anything, and when I'm there I truly do believe it. There's an energy there that I’ve never encountered in another city - it makes you want to be better and more authentic. The diversity of people, talent, experience, and food - having it all at your command is an amazing opportunity. I don’t know, there’s just something about New York if you lived here for any amount of time. The city just stays with you - its always a part of you. It truly does expand you as a human being.

While unfortunately New York does not afford me to continue to both live there and live my dream, I appreciate the energy and encouragement it gives me now and every time I go back to visit. This morning, I'm back to work. So many ideas, new projects, and updates to share very very soon...as in like next week. In the interim, here are a few words that have encouraged me to keep going - I think I'll be printing this and hanging it in my workspace:
Microsoft Word - Document3
What quotes or famous sayings do you live by? What gives you encouragement to keep going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.