Monday, December 29, 2014

MOVIE REVIEW: WILD

Yesterday I went and saw the movie WILD and I'm not sure if it came at the perfect or worst time in my life. Watching this movie brought out so many different emotions (those that I like to hide and push to the back of my mind) and while I have not gone through even half of what Cheryl Strayed (played by Reese Witherspoon) went through, I completely connected with her conflict, her struggle, and most importantly her determination to find herself and change her life. 
WILD-Image1
WILD is an inspirational true story of self-discovery and redemption. Cheryl Strayed endured years of heroin abuse, destructive behavior, and sexual promiscuity; when the dissolution of her marriage and the memories of her mother haunting her every move, she made the rash decision to hike more than a thousand miles on the Pacific Coast Trail—on her own and with no experience. At 26, her trek into the wilderness and subsequent soul-searching quest gave way to a quiet determination to find her way. Filmed in Oregon and California, the movie was made on the actual Pacific Coast Trail, the toughest and wildest through-trail in America. While I did not read the book (kind of wished I had before seeing the movie, I really really enjoyed this movie. I loved seeing the gritty and unrefined Reese as she attacked the trail and her own heartache. WILD powerfully captures the terrors and pleasures of  forging ahead against all odds on a journey that maddens, strengthens, and ultimately heals.
My Review: Screen Shot 2014-12-29 at 9.43.23 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-29 at 9.43.23 AM = GO SEE IT!!

Tell me, have you seen WILD? Will you? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.