Friday, May 23, 2014

Weekend Plans + Friday Finds

Happy Weekend, Memorial Day, Fleet Week!!!! It was on this day 9 years ago that my sister's and I  (minus 1) first visited New York City. There are sooo many memories (one that is so freakin hilarious and embarrassing and I could NEVER share it) - needless to say, it's a trip that we talk about often and will never forget. Back then I fell in love with New York, but never in a million years did I think I would actually live here. The fact that I currently live within walking distance to some of the favorite places that we visited 9 years ago, is kind of cool...and really amazing. It's crazy how life works out.

So this weekend (while the weather is going to be crappy) we plan to celebrate our anniversary (and check out some of the sailors for Fleet Week, lol) and enjoy the city:
Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 3.01.42 PM
Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 1.51.23 PM
1. Beer!
2. Walk around the city to some of our favorite places (and weather permitting) enjoy a picnic in the park
3. Go on a run/walk as I really want to participate in The Color Run (which is a 5K) - so I need to train, train, train.
4. The evil necessity - errands!

Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 3.01.52 PM
1. Have you ever had chocolate ice cream in a pretzel cone? If not, you are totally missing out and should buy some here.  For a great dark chocolate homemade ice cream recipe, click here


3. I've always wanted to know how to oven roasted artichokes - this seems easy enough to try!

4. If you plan to doing any shopping this weekend - check out a few stores that will be having sales:
     - ASOS, 20% off site wide (Enter Code: WEBEGRILLIN)
     - Gap, 40% off regular priced items (Enter Code: EVENT)

5. If you watch the Bachelorette like me (I've literally seen every single season) - then you'll appreciate this bio breakdown of each of the men competing for Andi's heart. A funny read for sure! 

Enjoy the long weekend!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.