Man were the Oscars amazing last night! Did you watch? Ellen was perfection, I'm such a fan, and as far as I'm concerned she should host the Oscars every year. There were so many great moments, worthy wins, and of course fabulous gowns and below are my absolute favorites of the night:
- My favorite dress was Lopita's (light blue - can she do any wrong right now? I can't wait to see whats next for her) with Charlize's (black) right behind hers.
- Pharrell and Lopita dancing to everyone's favorite I'm Happy - loved this!
- Jared Leto's speech - just beautiful. So thought out, so genuine. If you didn't see it, here you go.
- ELLEN!!!! She killed it - from the selfie (and crashing Twitter), to ordering the audience pizza and passing it out on paper plates, to my absolute favorite moment - her running out as Glenda from the Wizard of Oz after Pink (per usual) sang her out, saying "not cool guys, I was waiting for you to call me out" - I literally cried from laughing. So good....
- Cate Blanchett winning Best Actress for Blue Jasmine. I didn't get to see all of the Oscar nominated movies this year - but I did get to see this one over the summer and she is stellar in this role. If you haven't seen it - WATCH IT (yes, that's an order)!
- And last but not least - 12 Years A Slave winning Best Picture. I was a little nervous that Gravity was going to completely sweep the Oscars which was another great movie, but of course, hands down, 12 Years A Slave deserved this. Woooohooooo!!!!!!
Next year - I PROMISE I will see all of the nominated movies and I will be having a party!
Such a great night - I just love the Oscars. Did you have any other favorite moments last night?