For the longest time I've been obsessing over these, these, and these faux fur stools. I found several that I could easily (well not so easily, because they were really pricey) buy online, but I figured this would be a really easy and fun DIY project to do.
For Christmas, my sister bought me this stool (below) from Etsy. I absolutely love it because it has storage, and being in a small space, storage is key. In addition to the stool, she also gave me a gift card to Mood Fabrics so that I could pick out the exact faux fur I wanted. (I know - she's the best}
1 Yard of Faux Fur Fabric
Fabric Stapler + 1/2" staples (I tried using 1/4" staples and they were a bit too short.)
1. Measure the area of the stool that you want to cover
2. Measure the faux fur fabric and cut a little over the amount you measured so that you have enough overhang fabric to wrap underneath the stool for stapling
3. Start to staple the fabric onto the stool
4. Wrap the fabric under the stool and staple on the bottom to keep fabric in place
5. You may need to hammer the staples in as mine didn't go in fully
6. Cut the excess fabric
Currently I have the stool being used as a side table next the couch, but it can be used as an actual foot stool, and also for extra seating (very important in small spaces). I really love how it turned out. What do you think?