Monday, January 27, 2014

{DIY: Faux Fur Stool}

For the longest time I've been obsessing over these, these, and these faux fur stools. I found several that I could easily (well not so easily, because they were really pricey) buy online, but I figured this would be a really easy and fun DIY project to do.  

Completed Stool

For Christmas, my sister bought me this stool (below) from Etsy. I absolutely love it because it has storage, and being in a small space, storage is key. In addition to the stool, she also gave me a gift card to Mood Fabrics so that I could pick out the exact faux fur I wanted. (I know - she's the best}

Screen Shot 2014-01-25 at 9.39.42 PM

Supplies:
Stool
1 Yard of Faux Fur Fabric
Measuring Tape
Fabric Stapler + 1/2" staples (I tried using 1/4" staples and they were a bit too short.)
Fabric Scissors

Directions:
1.  Measure the area of the stool that you want to cover 
2. Measure the faux fur fabric and cut a little over the amount you measured so that you have enough overhang  fabric to wrap underneath the stool for stapling 
3. Start to staple the fabric onto the stool 

Screen Shot 2014-01-25 at 9.46.35 PM

4. Wrap the fabric under the stool and staple on the bottom to keep fabric in place
5. You may need to hammer the staples in as mine didn't go in fully
6. Cut the excess fabric 

Screen Shot 2014-01-25 at 9.55.17 PM

Currently I have the stool being used as a side table next the couch, but it can be used as an actual foot stool, and also for extra seating (very important in small spaces). I really love how it turned out. What do you think?

Stool in living room

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.