Tuesday, July 24, 2012

{Food For Thought Tuesday: Farm-To-Table Restaurants}

It's back by popular demand - Food For Thought Tuesdays, and today's topic is "farm-to-table" restaurants. I must admit that I have not stayed faithful to my journey of a healthy lifestyle and body since my move to NYC and I can blame that on many things - adjusting to a new city, wanting to try all the restaurants this city has to offer, lots of eating out to experience the city and to socialize...and while I haven't gained any weight (probably has a lot to do with all the walking) I haven't lost nearly what I thought I would have in my first month. While I know we will continue to eat out, we are trying to be more conscience of the restaurants we visit. Right here in our neighborhood we have several farm-to-table restaurants that we have frequented. What is farm-to-table you ask? Farm-to-table means that the food that is on the table came from a specific local farm or CSA. Getting food straight from the farmer cuts out the middleman – like packagers, processing plants and commercial vendor - and assures consumers that their fare is fresh, nutritious and locally produced; something worth paying a little extra for.
FARM TO TABLE 2 For those that are in the NYC area, or plan to visit in the near future - below are a few of my highly recommended farm-to-table restaurants in the city - I promise you will love them:
farm to table faves
1. Westville - 246 W18th St., 212-924-2223
2. Home - 20 Cornelia St., 212-243-9579
3. Blue Hill - 75 Washington Pl., 212-539-1776
4. Mas - 39 Downing St., 212-255-1790

Just a little food for thought...
Jessica Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.