Monday, June 11, 2012

{Home Sweet Home}

Hey Peeps! I've arrived in NYC and today is my first day at the new job! I certainly don't feel that I've had enough time off to get everything organized at the new place - literally it looks like a tornado ran directly through the apartment - but I'm excited to get back to a normal routine.
My block
KoffeeCake
Subway
{Pic 1: My block - W. 17th St, Pic 2: Cute little bakery at the corner on my block, Pic 3: My new "car"}

After about an 11 hour road trip, and lots and lot and LOTS of traffic - I made it to NY around 9:00 PM on Friday and immediately began to unpack the truck....in the dark, but with the movers that I hired, along with my sister, we were able to get everything cleared from the truck around 10:15 PM. Once the last box hit the floor, we decided to go grab something to eat - and it wasn't until then that I realized how in love with my neighborhood I am. Literally, everything is within walking distance. Starbucks, a gym, banks, Pottery Barn, Williams and Sonama, lots of cute restaurants and bakeries where you can sit outside and do some major people watching - all right here on my block. And that's just my block - once you walk a few blocks west you're at Chelsea Market and the Highline (amazing views of the city and the Hudson River). A few blocks east is West Elm, cute thrift shops, Trader Joes, Home Depot, Container Store, Bed Bath and Beyond, TJ Maxx, and so so much more. I'm seriously loving the convenience of everything around me.

I promise to eventually get back up to daily blogging, but until I can get this apartment in some time of order (finding storage for our space is going to be my other full time job) I'm going to be in and out here on the blog. BUT follow me on Instagram as I will be taking pictures of my journey all day long.

Stay with me.... Jessica Signature

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Jes! Your place sounds awesome and sure enough will be following you! You'll settle in before you know it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.