Monday, May 14, 2012

{A Glimpse of the Weekend}

Whoa - what a weekend!!! The moving sale was a great success. I sold A LOT of stuff, yet I still have quite a bit left. While I said I would never have a yard sale again, I decided to have another sale this Saturday (May 19th) to get rid of the rest of this stuff. As Saturday morning was quite the whirlwind, I promised myself to have some fun and relaxation the rest of the day. So me and my friend Ros went to see The Avengers in 3D and wow was it fantastic...and hilarious. I heard it was going to be good, but I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I thought I would. If you haven't seen it yet - GO! And stay past 2 sets of credits for a few extras. The Avengers After the movies we strolled down to Raleigh Times for a snack, some beers, and a lot of people watching before our dinner reservations were ready. It was graduation night for most of the colleges and we were shocked at how short the girls dresses and skirts were (and how our children, when we have them, would NEVER walk out of the house looking like them). BTW - the homemade chips with blue cheese and scallion dip - delish! chips and dip Finally, we went to Glenwood Grill - and boy oh boy - I can't believe I've been here for 4.5 years and have never been. I got the seafood and grits and while I've had my fair share of shrimp and grits since moving down south - these, by far, were the absolute best. If you live in the Raleigh area, or plan to visit soon, I beg you to try this gem of a restaurant out. shrimp and grits Since I didn't get to do my link lovin on Friday (thank for the 'heads up' readers, lol) here we go: link lovin


- If you work really hard...word

- How to style kitchen counter tops (have I already shared this before? oh well, it's still genius)...

- The new Lonny Magazine is out - check it! 

- Ok, now I'm mad. I just got rid of my jean vest as I thought it was frumpy and 'out of date' - leave it to Kendi to prove me wrong...

- I like this dress - where to find? where to find?

- No link here - just wanted to say - I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I CAN SHOP AGAIN. For all those that doubted, the shopping strike is still on.

Enjoy your Monday!!! Jessica Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.