Tuesday, May 22, 2012

{Food For Thought Tuesday: 5 Things To Do Instead of Eat}

To say that lately I have been under a tremendous amount of stress is an understatement, and over the last couple of weeks I have reverted to my first comfort - food. I'm not proud of it, but what I am proud of is that for the first time in a long time {or like forever} I'm noticing the slippery slope before I get too far down it. So today's post is a guide to 5 things we can do, when stressed, instead of eating. Here we go:

stress eating 1. Read a book or magazine - Take a deep breath, and turn right to the page before the good part of your favorite book. No matter how scary, scandalous, kinky, truebloody or nerdy it might be, it’s bound to pull you in to the point where you forget about how much you wanted that entire bag of salt and pepper kettle chips.

2. Bath and quiet time - Hot water, lots of bubbles, a few candles, and some smooth jazz....say ahhhh...

3. Call a friend -There's nothing like a good friend {or sister} to talk you off the ledge - TRUST ME, I don't know what I would do without both my friends and sisters.

4. Watch reality TV - There's something about watching Emily takes a pool of guys on individual and group dates, or watching Bruce having to watch TV in his bathroom because he doesn't feel apart of the Kardashian family {lol} that instantly draws you into a trance and before you know it hours have gone past and you have forgotten about all your problems.

5. Work out - yes I realize that this should have been #1, but one of the best ways to channel anxiety into something positive for your body is to use it to challenge yourself.Put on a fitness DVD. Go for a run. Take a walk. Go to the gym. Don't eat it up. Burn it up. 

Can I get a wooooo-saaaaah...
Jessica Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.