Tuesday, April 17, 2012

{Food For Thought Tuesday: How to Shop The Grocery Store}

Over the weekend I had to stop and get groceries, and I realized how much my grocery shopping over the last 6+ months has changed. I now realize that the freshest and healthiest foods are all located on the perimeter of the store, and for the most part I avoid the aisles. The foods in the aisles besides things for cooking & baking spices, flour, oils are typically:
  • Junk foods like cookies, candies, chips, and sodas
  • Canned, boxed, or frozen foods which contain preservatives & additives for packaging
  • High-carb pastas and cereals
how to shop the grocery store
When eating clean {choosing fruits, vegetables, and meats that are raised, grown, and sold with minimal processing - often organic, and rarely (if ever) containing additives}the highest quality foods are going to be the fresh versions which again are located in the perimeter of any grocery store. Typically, by the time I finish shopping the perimeter of the grocery store, my basket is pretty much full of all I need. Don't get me wrong, not all foods in the aisles are bad, just be sure to read your labels, keep the ingredients down to 5, and try increasing your shopping along the perimeter, and let me know what you find!

Just a little food for thought...
Jessica Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.