Monday, April 16, 2012

{7 Wardrobe Essentials To Invest In}

I believe in investing in essentials, as they are the base of your wardrobe. The thing about essentials as no matter what you put them with, they will always make an outfit come together perfectly. And if you buy pieces that are of good quality, you can literally wear them til there are holes in them and then just turn around and buy the same piece again. Below are 7 pieces in my wardrobe that I wear the hell out of {inspired by}. They are pieces that I have invested good money on and have only recently replaced because my old staples no longer fit...and that's a great thing!
 chambray shirt{Chambray shirt via Old Navy}
I wrote about this essential piece last week - everyone. everyone should own a chambray shirt. It's that staple that you can dress up and wear to work, or wait for the weekend and pair it with some black skinny jeans or leggings, and leopard print flats. Speaking of which...
leopard flats
{Leopard flats via Tory Burch}
I honestly wear these flats several times a week as they go with just about everything. Leopard print is something that is never going to go out of style, and an investment in some comfortable flats is essential!
v-neck shirt
{V-neck shirt via Madewell}
I bought a vintage gray v-neck shirt in LA and I love it! I wish I had one in every color, and while I've looked high and low for the exact shirt I have - this one from Madewell is a close second. Gray, comfortable, soft, casual, v-neck - you can't go wrong.
black blazer
{Black blazer via TopShop}
Now come on - if you don't have a black blazer in your closet - shame on you. Talk about the most wearable thing in my closet. You can wear it to interviews, business meetings, with boyfriend jeans on the weekends, or to carry with you to the movies in case the air conditioner is on blast. If you don't have one - go now. right now and invest in this piece.
gold watch
{Gold watch via Michael Kors}
Pretty much I don't leave the house without this watch. It's become a staple on my wrist and it's amazing how many people comment on it. Either - wow that's a really big watch, is it heavy? -or- I really love your watch, where did you get it
skinny jean
{Skinny jeans via Anthropologie}
I pretty much have abandoned my wide leg pants and for the most part only wear skinnies - and I have just about every color you can think of. I now have the luxury of going into pretty much any store and being able to fit pants off the rack - something that this time last year was certainly a chore.
stripes
{Stripe top via Jigsaw}
We have this board at work that houses some pretty memorable quotes and phrases me and my co-worker friends have said over the years. One quote I blurted out one day was "what??? stripes are everything to me" - while I admit it may have been a little dramatic, it's kind of true. At least a couple times a week you're going to see me in stripes - it's a staple piece that I wear alone and pair with other patterns...and you should too!

The word of the day today is: invest.
Jessica Signature

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.