Thursday, June 3, 2010

{Etsy Finds: No Rhyme or Reason}

Everything doesn't have to have a rhyme or reason, does it? Bruce Barton quotes - "Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress". Now you may think that this quote may seem a little heavy for this post, but it's true - sometimes it's necessary to just go with the flow and this is exactly what I did today when putting together some amazing Etsy finds. I experienced what many {if not all} bloggers/writers go through this morning, and that is a creative block. I didn't know what I was going to post and as I always strive to share things that inspire - I decided to research pages and pages of Etsy items, picking and choosing some of my faves.

Odd enough, after looking at the items that I gathered, I realize my attraction to each shop came from their delicate and simply stated elegance. So I suppose {even though I didn't set out to do so} these pieces in fact do have an overall theme - a rhyme and a reason. This unexpected experiement has taught me that everything doesn't have to be so calculated and planned out - simply going with the flow allows you to explore and live in your creative independence. So without further ado here are few treasures to share with you today… I hope you enjoy!

No rhyme or reason 1
love jessica

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, Jessica. Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! We're in love with the same cake stand...

    http://blog.shopdirtylaundry.com/2010/06/23-too-cute-tuesday/

    Your #2 is my #5.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.