Tuesday, March 2, 2010

{Spring/Summer Must-Haves}

I have blogged about my love for J.Crew before, so it's no surprise that I'm writing about my fav store again (and this won't be the last). After my Nautical Stripes post, I've received several questions about what additional items are must-haves for this spring. Below are J.Crew's creative director Jenna Lyons' must-haves for spring/summer 2010, check it out...
jennas picks
In Jenna's words:
1. Floral Romper - "This is just darling – I’d wear it to the beach with my denim shirt, and Cuban-style hat"

2. Cuban-Style Hat - "I love a simple straw hat. I’d wear it with some jeans or shorts, a soft oversize t-shirt and strappy flat sandals"

3. Nautical Stripe Shirt - "Such a versatile, easy shape. I love the classic striped shirt to add a graphic element to every outfit. I want to wear it with every piece I already own"

4. Light-Weight Scarf - "I can’t live without a scarf in the spring when the weather is turning but you still never know how chilly it will get. Scarves can be used as belts and even head wraps, if one is feeling particularly bohemian that day"

5. Denim Shirt - "The denim shirt is back and is a year-round wonder. It’s comfortable, practical and classic worn with white shorts, espadrilles and a straw hat or hemp belt in warmer weather. It’s also the shirt you can’t travel without"

6. Cardigan - "I couldn’t resist. I like to wear cardigans oversized. So I’ll buy a size bigger and wear it slouchy with shorts or a little skirt, then throw on some high platforms. I love the play on proportions"

7. Skinny Belt - "I’ve been mostly into neutral colors the last couple of seasons, so I love this belt because it will go with all my grey, beige, and nude basics – but it will also liven them up for spring"

8. Oxford Shoes - "These are the girls’ version of the boys’ oxford shoe, only narrower in width. I can’t wait for them to get a little beat up and worn-in looking. I’ll wear them with a floral dress, a grey sweat top with leggings, or a stripy top with skinny jeans – all worn with socks"

9. Denim Cut-Off Shorts - "I would have to restrain myself from wearing these every day, I’m all for anything that is super-comfortable, super-cute, and goes with everything"
--------------------------------------
Hope this posts helps you as we start to look forward to the upcoming spring/summer months. Most of these items you probably already have in your closet - so now it's all about how you mix-and-match, and show your personal style.

Have a good one - make it lovely!
Final Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.