Monday, February 1, 2010

{DIY Day}

DIY

Resolution Subway Art
It's been a month since many of us made our new year's resolutions and I've been thinking of a way to display mine to help me focus on them everyday. Last year I created a collage by cutting out magazine pictures that represented my goals for the year - but this year I wanted to do something different. A good friend of mine showed me this idea and I immediately knew that displaying my resolutions as a large piece of art (especially since I'm such a fan of vintage subway signs) was exactly what I wanted to do.

My Inspriation:
Train sign inspiration

My DIY Process:
1 - 4 steps

The Final Piece:
finale - use this
I love it and can't wait to put it up in my office as a daily reminder and inspiration. What do you think? How are your resolutions coming along so far?
Final Signature
{Materials used for this project: canvas, black and white paint, paint brushes, ruler, white pencil, stencils, a steady hand}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.