Friday, January 1, 2010

A fresh start...


It's been a year filled with fantastic highs and less than lovely lows. In the end, 2009 taught me that optimism and positivity do reign supreme. I believe that, in everything, every day is a chance to reach for something greater and that every moment holds opportunities available to enrich our lives. If life is truly 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it, we essentially have two choices when we wake each morning: we can either be someone who lets difficulty defeat us or be someone who recognizes that it is our attitude, or our passion, that will take us to the next level. I’ve come to realize that I don’t have a single passion, I have three:

1. I love to design/create/decorate.
2. I love to write.
3. I love to plan events.

I don’t know what someone who "designs-writes-plan events" is called, but I don’t need to know what title will fit – all that matters is that I recognize that these are the three things I most love to do; that this is who I really am. With this realization in hand, I’m headed in a new direction, in a new year, towards what I hope will be a promising future.

My new year’s resolutions:

1. Embrace just being.

2. Be joyful in my own skin, regardless of external negativity.

3. Love more. Write more. Live more. Travel more.

4. Spend less time being cautious and more time being creative.

5. Give back.

6. Push myself past the scary bits more often and not let comfort and complacency hold me back from really exciting places on the horizon.

7. Believe in myself.
------------------------------
My wish for you this year is to live your best life! As we know time flies - so don't wait, do it now!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! You are a really good writer! I always knew that in a work sense, but I didn't know you were such a creative writer as well. I hope 2010 gives you lots of opportunities to do all the things you are passionate about!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.