Friday, June 6, 2014

Weekend Plans + Friday Finds

Morning! First I want to apologize for being MIA over the last couple of days. I've had a rough week, lots of decisions to make, and my brain wouldn't allow me to think creatively for a couple of days. Thank you so much for your emails checking in to make sure all was well. Anyway, the weekend is here (yippee) and I have a few fun things planned:
Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 10.17.42 AM
Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 2.53.52 PM
1. Later this morning a friend and I are going to stand in line to get free Shakespeare In The Park tickets for this evening. The pick up place is in Harlem, so after standing in line we're going to treat ourselves to lunch at Red Rooster.

2. As I mentioned above, I am going to see Much Ado About Nothing in Central Park. We get to bring in our own wine and snacks and will watch the show under the stars. Can't wait!

3. Tomorrow I'm gonna walk over to the BBQ Block Party in Madison Square Park. Ed from one of my favorite BBQ restaurants (The Pit) in North Carolina will be there - so hopefully I can find his booth and show him some love. 

4. Later in the evening, another friend and I are going to restaurant/bar hop in the West Village. We aren't sure where we want to go - so we'll just walk around until we see something interesting. I love doing this - but let's hope we won't have to wait the typical 90 minutes to get in somewhere! #nyproblems. 

5. On Sunday I'm going to chill out. I may exercise in the morning (I'll need to work off all the eats and drinks from the weekend) but other than that, I plan to lay it low. 

I'll be posting my whereabouts on Instagram this weekend - so follow me there!

Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 10.18.00 AM
1. What an inspiring story of a woman who lost 135 pounds in 1 year. Please find some time this weekend to read this article - I definitely got the boost I needed.

2. If you've been looking for a bar cart - check out this DIY Ikea hack! Why haven't I thought of this?

3. My dream NY apartment - there isn't a thing I would change. Loving the black walls!

4. It's that time - how to pack for a day at the beach!

5. Cajun shrimp guacamole - yummmm.....

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.