Thursday, January 10, 2013

{word}

I was looking at Pinterest last night (what else is new) I saw this post and it really made me stop and think about how true this is of my life. I am always running, always busy and because of that, many aspects of my life suffers. 
busy

While I didn't make any New Years resolutions - other than working on my work-life balance, I plan to make time for the following things:

  • Phone conversations with friends (my best friend is getting married, 2 of my childhood friends from preschool are having her first babies - texting just won't do). While carving out an hour of my day seems impossible, I must make time for this.
  • Working out. Sleep is a beautiful beautiful thing - I cherish it immensely. But this girl has to get to the gym (preferably in the mornings)
  • Eating right. It's easy (especially in New York) to eat crap food - it can be delivered to your door in a just a few minutes. I need to take the time to research recipes, make grocery lists, and plan my meals. 
  • Working on my brand. Meaning my blog and restarting my jewelry line. These are the most time consuming things in my life, but the things that I literally could do 24/7 without ever getting tired of them. 
I just need more time - and need to stop the glorification of busy. What about you? Do you find yourself being overly busy and never having the time to do the things that matters most?
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.