Monday, December 31, 2012

{I'M SORRY, THANK YOU, I'VE MISSED YOU, I'M BACK}

Where do I start? Do I start with an APOLOGY? Do I start with a THANK YOU? Do I start with an I'VE MISSED YOU? Do I start with an I'M BACK? Not knowing where to start, I'm just going to jump on in - I'm so sorry I've taken a hiatus without giving any notice, THANK YOU for checking in on me to make sure that everything was ok - your comments and emails meant everything to me {even if I didn't respond}, I have missed you and my blog more than you can know, and most importantly I'M BACK!!!

Life has been overwhelming, work has been overwhelming, and my work-life balance has been way way WAY off. I allowed the stress of work to keep me from everything I love - Christmas didn't feel like Christmas, I couldn't find my creativity, I was no longer inspired to post, and I didn't have anything positive or uplifting to say because I felt if I couldn't inspire myself, how could I inspire others. I even wondered if I had it in me to keep going with the blog - or if you still even wanted to hear from me. So I took some time off from life in search of some answers and to reign in a little perspective.

I realized that being creative is everything to me, it's what grounds me, it's who I am. I realized that I absolutely love this blog and I enjoy sharing all things that inspire me with you. I realized that I MUST work on my work-life balance, because when that balance is off, I am a very unhappy person. I realized my family and friends mean absolutely everything to me - and it's them, you, that convinced me to keep going...so here I am. So THANK YOU my lovely lovely readers for your constant support. 

Now that you've accepted my apology - can you believe that today is the last day of 2012?? Crazy right? This year has literally flown by, and I must be honest that I'm ready to start anew. Before moving forward, I thought I would reflect on what has happened in my life this year and share it with you in this review below. Enjoy and let's bring on the New Year!!!

Microsoft Word - year in review 2012 ummm.doc

3 comments:

  1. You are a PRO with those can drivers! I think that makes you a true New Yorker!
    SO Glad you're back (and thanks for the cupcakes and cashmere rec - I love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (and by "can" I mean "cab" of course) :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica -- so glad that you are back! I totally understand the need to take time off to reflect and regroup. Wishing you a happy happy new year!
    Your fan from Los Angeles,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.