Tuesday, May 8, 2012

{Food For Thought Tuesday: Carbs}

It's no secret - I am completely addicted to french fries, or any food that derives from a potato. If I have a side choice on the menu between fries, salad, or fruit - hands down, never fails, I'm going to pick the fries. BUT I am working to minimize my intake because most carbs (bread, pasta, potatoes, corn) have minimal nutritional value and are quickly converted by your body into sugar. So you may as well eat a cupcake. Instead, try sprouted grain bread, which is a lot easier on your digestion and is packed full of nutrients (and it's actually pretty good). Don't forget that there are healthy carbs (fruits, veggies, whole grains, quinoa, beans, and sweet potatoes) and you should try and pack your diet full of these items on daily basis. This picture below shows how bad carbs affects your body, brain, and most importantly your waistline: check it out - definitely something to think about.carbs carbs 2 Just a little food for thought...
Jessica Signature

1 comment:

  1. french fries are my favorite and I've switched to sweet potatoe fries. still miss my regular fries.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.