Monday, September 26, 2011

{A Personal Reflection: My Healthy Life Journey}

If you follow me on Facebook, you know this past weekend I gained 1.4 pounds and was devastated (and even shed a tear - which took my leader by surprise). I have really made a commitment to eating healthy, drinking 8+ glasses of water daily, minimizing carbs, increasing fruits/veggies/protein, exercising 5 times a week - and to do all of that, not cheat once, and gain weight - it was almost like a slap in the face of all of my hard work. 

The first thing that I wanted to do right after my WW* meeting was to go and eat something really good - which meant something that was awful and full of carbs, fat, and cheese. THAT (eating) was exactly how I used to deal with stress, disappointment, loneliness, happiness, to be honest - all emotions. After some thought (while sitting in the WW parking lot) and weighing the pros and cons of me having a pig-out fest, I opted to go home and take an extremely long power walk with Addison. The walk did me a lot of good, and allowed my mind to get back "in the game". Once we returned home from the walk, I cooked a healthy meal - TBLETC (turkey bacon, lettuce, fried egg white, tomato, low fat cheese sandwhich) with a fruit salad that equaled 6 WW points+ (vs. the 30+ points the Five Guys burger and fries would have cost me) and I felt good....and strong...and in control. 

As much as I wanted to quit after my meeting on Saturday, I know I have grown because I didn't allow this small setback to keep me from moving forward. This week, I will continue to do everything that I've been doing and hopefully this Saturday I will see a loss on the scale. Moving forward, while the scale number is important to me - I will focus on inches lost, and my continued strength in my workouts...eventually, I'll see results - at least that is way they say (and in my heart I know this is true)...

fitness reflextion
Thanks for listening and THANK YOU for all of the encouragement - it truly keeps me going. While I don't plan to turn this blog into a weight loss blog, by keeping you up to date on my journey helps keep me accountable (I hope you don't mind) - next up: my before pic (yikes)!

*ww = Weight Watchers

*If you haven't already, don't forget to sign up for the GIVEAWAY - it ends today at 3PM ET.
Signature

2 comments:

  1. I think you are approaching this in exactly the right way! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate. My lifestyle change has been one with ups and downs. I've done a weight-watchers like program 3 times...it doesn't matter how many times you start, what your weight jumps to or what you lose, it's all about your attitude and making sure you continue on your journey no matter what obstacle. Changing your mindset is exactly the way to do it, and you are. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.