Monday, January 24, 2011

{Soul Searching}

iloveyoubulb
Over the weekend I did some soul searching {as I mentioned on Friday}. I used minimal technology, hardly watched TV, brought out my sketch book...used it, and really took the time to think about me and what I want. I think it's oddly more acceptable to complain about the trivial things that bother you than it is to take note of special little moments throughout the day. This weekend I decided to focus on what I'm grateful about, what I'm good at, what I'm most passionate about, and what makes me smile. I thought for my post today that I would share {for starters} what makes me happy:

1. When I walk through the door, my Addison jumping up and down with excitement to see me
2. When my favorite song is playing on the radio as soon as I start the car
3. When I realize I can relax because I have absolutely nowhere to be
4. When I climb under covers that have been freshly washed
5. When the lights first dim at the beginning of a movie
6. When I hear a compliment and allow myself to believe and receive it
7. When I walk into Anthropologie and smell their delicious candles burning
8. When I sit down to create, get lost in the moment and marvel at what God created through me

So as I continue on my journey and life plan, I vow that when times get frustrating, busy, overwhelming {as I know they will} to remember the things that make me happy...and smile!

Enjoy your day Peeps {and thanks for listening...}!!!

PS. Don't you love the light bulb above? I found it over at Design*Sponge! If you would like instructions for how to make one for you or your sweetie...click here.
Final Signature

1 comment:

  1. I love this...sometimes list like this put things in perspective. Its appreciating the simple things in life that we tend to forget or take for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.