Thursday, April 22, 2010

{Etsy Eco Finds}

Happy Earth Day
In the spirit of Earth Day I've decided to do some Etsy-searching and post some of my favorite handmade and eco-friendly items! Take a look and enjoy:

cozy
I can't tell you how many times I go to Starbucks during the week, and how many of those cup sleeves (while eco-friendly) that I throw away. Don't you just love this CupKozy and water bottle wrap? We all use coffee cups and the metal water bottles on a daily basis - so why not purchase these fantastic earth-friendly, reusable accessories (both under $8)? Add one of these with a Starbucks gift card and you have the perfect gift to give!

flats
These flats are eco-chic and vegan! Many times we feel like we give up being trendy and fashionable when wearing organic and vegan pieces - but as you can see here you can have your cake and eat it too! These shoes (for around $55) are handmade from organic cotton hemp and fabricated satin. The soles are hand stitched from more than 25 layers of sustainable cotton fabrics and hemp threads. There are no chemical adhesives being used in any part of the shoes. They're soft, flexible yet durable, suitable for both indoors & outdoors. Lovely!

bibs
Aren't these adorable?? While I don't have a little one, I feel I need to buy a few ($8 each - buy 2 get 1 free) and save them for my backup plan {lol just kidding - I better not jinx it}. Anyway, these cute little bibs are eco-friendly, reusable, and made of remnant fabric; batting is 50% bamboo, 50% organic cotton. So sweet!

pillows
You know I love pillows, you know I love the chevron pattern, and you know I love the color yellow/mustard - so of course I would love these especially because they are eco-friendly. They are both {chevron $30, and contemporary squares $73}  made from recycled felt and filled with poly. I want!

sandwich bags
These sandwich bags are genius! We know what happens to all the plastic we throw away {no need to step on my soapbox} so how great would it be use these recycled, reusable, and stylish bags? Each bag {around $9} is made out of  100% certified organic cotton. They do not use any plastic materials to line their bags. All are lined with un-dyed, unbleached organic cotton sateen. Not only does this help our environment by not contributing to the consumption of petroleum products, but you can also be sure that no dyes or harmful chemicals come in contact with your food.
---------------------
Great finds right?! To do my part this Earth Day, I will purchase {and use} a CupKozy. I can't wait to show it off to all of the regulars I see every morning at Starbucks {well not every morning, lol, but close}. Have a lovely day - and not just today, but everyday: LIVE GREEN!
Final Signature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.
    joanna gaines rugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.