Monday, January 12, 2015

Borrowed DIY: Pom Pom Party Hats

So I have a confession (for those of you that don't follow me on Instagram) - you know that nice relaxing weekend I posted about on Friday? Well - it was all a lie - but for good reason! I flew to New York on Friday to surprise my sister for her birthday!!! I couldn't say anything (in fact I tried not to talk to her too much last week) as I didn't want to ruin the surprise. Today is her actual birthday and I'm so glad that I am able to spend her special day with her (AND watch the National Championship game together tonight - GO BUCKS!!!). We've had a blast all weekend, and I'll be here in New York until Wednesday morning - man do I miss this place! I will be taking off just a couple days off from the blog to enjoy some good ol quality time with my sisters - but I'll be back on Thursday!

For today's post I found this amazing DIY by Kelli Murray that was just too cute not to share. They look super easy to make and would make for some fun props for a Photobooth. Check out the how-to below:
pom pom party hat
Supplies: Yarn, paper mache cone (from a craft store), white elastic cord, paint/spray paint to decorate your hats. 

Step 1. Create a set of yarn pom poms to place on the top of your party hats. You can see the full tutorial for creating yarn pom poms here.
Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 9.50.32 PM
Step 2: Decorate your hats however you want. To keep yours simple you can just add a little white paint. For the polka dot hat, stick on circular stickers, spray paint the hat, and peel off the stickers after the paint was dry….revealing the cardboard.
Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 9.50.46 PM
Step 3: Poke a hole on each side of the hat with a nail (or whatever works!) Measure out the length of elastic cord that you want and thread it through the holes on either side of the hat.
Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 9.51.06 PM
Step 4: Using a glue gun, attach your yarn pom pom to the top! Enjoy!
Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 9.51.20 PM
Seems easy right? Love love love this and will definitely be trying it out. I love sharing these borrowed DIY's from my favorite bloggers - but start looking forward to a few original Six Eighty Eight projects coming soon!

Have a good one - I'll be back on Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Whether you agree with the opinions found on this blog or not, your voice is important to other readers who share this space. Constructive criticism can be useful if left in a tone meant to help and not to shock or overly offend. However, six eighty eight reserves the right to delete any comment that is abusive, profane, rude, or considered spam.